Get ready to ring in the warm weather with Harvey Nichols! For Spring/Summer 2016, they’re opening their doors with a world of inspirational designs in fashion from international contemporary brands that are exclusive to their valued customers. Harvey Nichols wants to give you a sneak peek of their favorite brands on offer within their Contemporary department, and it’s safe to say that this roundup will bring a promising collection to keep their shoppers fresh and stylish with the latest trends.
- Eggs: Eggs was launched in Parma, Italy by Giordano Ollari and a small team of young designers, with the idea of bringing ‘contemporary sensuality’ back to affordable women’s wear. Eggs is about femininity based on the research for contemporary sensuality. Their brand new creative team worked, as if for fun, to give visibility to high-waisted skirts, dresses, jackets, creating movement on fabric with graphic and floral prints, mixed and released in aggressive or fluorescent colors. The result? A fresh, color-bright collection that is equal parts sophisticated, playful and carefree, with creativity and quality values made in Italy.
- Zena Presley: Inspired by her interest for the expressionist art movement, Zena Presley’s second collection orchestrates a pivotal stance in the art-meets-fashion world. Striking a balance between femininity and strength, the collection encapsulates the contemporary artistic movement of expressionism. Taking inspiration from the modernist avant-garde style, Presley is drawn to portray the world solely from a subjective manner, distorting it radically to evoke one’s moods or ideas. The collection seeks to depict and express the meaning of emotional experience, through fashion as expressionism does via art.
- Reemami: Born and raised in the UAE, young designer Reema Al Banna launched her label Reemami in 2009. The brand identity is shaped by Reema’s love for creativity, through having unexpected cuts and details, and treating each item as a piece of art. Reema also has a huge passion with experimenting with new cuts and creating new volumes, which give her line its signature style. Reemami sets the boundaries for being the eclectic, bold, and playful fashion brand.
- JNBY: JNBY, an acronym for “Just Naturally Be Yourself”, is a contemporary fashion apparel brand designed for women. Since its inception in 1994, JNBY is known as one of the pioneering designer-based enterprises in China. JNBY is urban, modern-driven and fashion forward yet timeless with its mostly natural fabrics and tasteful color plates (neutral earthy tones interspersed with fun bold hues). The brand has a reputation for its creativity, quality and originality and is about an individual’s interpretation of trends.
- Sandro: Evelyne Chetrite, the creative director and spirit of Sandro, draws her inspiration from streets, cities, architecture and memories from her childhood in Morocco. Given her true creative spirit since her young age, it is only natural that she started a ready-to-wear brand. She founded Sandro in 1984. Each collection is designed to offer modern and sophisticated pieces with offbeat and unexpected detailing essential for every wardrobe. The Sandro silhouette is elegant and refined, with a hint of androgyny.
- Maje: Maje, the name chosen by its founder, Judith Milgrom, is a combination of the initials of the first names of her loved ones. In 1998, Judith decided to create clothing for active women. At the time, no products were offered that fell between luxury and the mass market. The Maje style sketches a subtle difference between modernity and quirkiness, with authentic pieces and sharp details. The Maje spirit is resolutely feminine, understated, glamorous and bold. Maje’s Spring/Summer 2016 collection is inspired by a traveler: relaxed and curious, Bohemian, and elegant always on the lookout for what could extend her summer indefinitely.
- Tibi: Designer Amy Smilovic founded New York-based label Tibi whilst living in Hong Kong, where she was inspired by the local culture and textiles. Today, the brand is lauded by the fashion pack for its modern take on laid-back femininity and the effortless staples in vibrant palettes and prints. For Spring/Summer 2016, the collection is about forward movement—a celebration of the future. In the spirit of contrasting old and new, fabrications are interpreted through a tonal, muted palette of creams, pinks, greens, blues, and burgundy that is both modern and optimistic.
- Pinko: Italian brand Pinko’s woman is modern and cosmopolitan, a woman who loves to dress pretty; a woman with a strong personality and nature, and is truly dynamic. Pinko today is an extraordinary fashion reality of Made in Italy.
- Lugvonsiga: Turkish Designer Gul Agis launched the label in 2012 reflecting a new aesthetic and contemporary style which comes from her rich cultural heritage. For Spring Summer 16, Gul’s designs reflect chic and comfort. She has used a lot of linear details such as pleats, zigzag lines and stripes. To emphasize the “stylish and sleek” side of women, she has used the “off shoulder” neckline in her designs.
Harvey Nichols Kuwait is located at Grand Avenue – The Avenues. Please call 2228 3008 for more information. Get social with Harvey Nichols Kuwait by following them on Facebook.com/HarveyNicholsKuwait and Instagram @HarveyNicholsKuwait.