If you are looking for an action-packed thriller to catch during the Eid Al Adha holidays, then you’re in luck cause “The Darkest Minds” is finally coming to Kuwait on August 23!
Based on the popular young adult novel, “The Darkest Minds” will be the first live-action film for director Jennifer Yuh Nelson, best known for her work on the “Kung Fu Panda” franchise.
Here’s a quick summary of the plot – don’t worry there are no spoilers!
“The Darkest Minds” starts in a turbulent America where 98% of the children’s population have died of a mysterious disease, the remaining 2% of the surviving children develop powerful abilities and are declared a threat by the government and detained.
Sixteen-year-old Ruby, one of the most powerful young people anyone has encountered, escapes her camp and joins a group of runaway teens seeking a safe haven. Soon this newfound family realizes that, in a world in which the adults in power have betrayed them, running is not enough, and they must wage a resistance using their collective power to take back control of their future.
The film stars Amandla Stenberg , famous for her turn in “The Hunger Games” as Ruby Daly, Harris Dickinson (Beach Rats), as Liam Stewart and Miya Cech (American Horror Story) as Zu.
The unique powers which the children possess are color coded into five unique classifications:
Orange is for those who developed telepathic abilities. Ruby played by Stenberg is classified as an orange and develops the ability to read minds, influence people’s actions and thoughts, alter or erase memories, and change the feelings of others. Clancy Gray played by Patrick Gibson is also classified as an orange and develops telepathic abilities.
Gold is for those who developed electrokinetic powers. Zu played by Miya Cech is classified as a gold and develops the ability to create and control electricity. They are considered one of the more dangerous.
Green is for individuals who developed enhanced mental and intellectual powers. In the film, Chubs develops heightened problem-solving abilities and a photographic memory.
Blue is for those who developed telekinetic powers. Liam played by Harris Dickinson is classified as a blue and he develops the ability to move objects with his mind.
Red is for those who developed pyrokinetic powers. Red classified individuals have the ability to create and manipulate fire. As a result, they possess immense destructive potential, and are considered amongst the most dangerous of the PSI – and the most challenging for stunt coordinator Jack Gill.
Watch the trailer below:
Image source: 20th Century Fox