As women open their wardrobes every morning, they are faced with more fashion choices than ever before – not to mention less time to make them. Mindful of their challenge, Italian brand MAX&Co. has enlisted the support of New York-born style icon Olivia Palermo to help break down the new codes of fashion and rewrite the rules of easy chic for every occasion.
A daily source of inspiration for women around the world, Olivia Palermo is recognized and admired for her flawless sense of style – the result of natural flair, editing savvy and a passion for creative accessorizing. In conversation with editor Yale Breslin, Olivia explores the themes that inspired the MAX&Co. Spring/Summer 2015 collection. The result is three exceptional magazines that will be available in every MAX&Co!
As the Italian Brand’s Style Ambassador For Spring/Summer 2015, Palermo thinks that the antidote to trend fatigue is a perfect modern wardrobe. The perfect modern wardrobe is a thoughtful, personal edit of versatile favorites, new classics and exciting statement pieces to herald the new season. Olivia Palermo’s personal wardrobe and style reflect this probably better than any other contemporary style icon’s. Over the years, she has built an enviable collection of clothing and accessories, mixing great classics with modern pieces, helping redefine the rules of city chic in the progress: ‘My style is eclectic, with a bit of a polished element to it. There is a little structure, definitely accessories and always a pop of color’, she says.
The MAX&Co. Spring/Summer 2015 collection addresses the modern wardrobe’s need for ‘foundation pieces’, redefining proportions and experimenting with inspirations and materials borrowed from the world of sportswear, yet firmly in the tradition of Italian tailoring and craftsmanship. It features:
- A new take on the trench – an investment piece that multiplies its value by becoming a sleeveless dress and cropped jacket when needed. A burst of youthful allure from a timeless classic;
- Versatile solid V-neck and marinière stripe cashmere sweaters in a multitude of colors, from egg yolk to emerald, to coral;
- Masculine and feminine shirts with modern, redefined proportions – in poplin or silk, solid, striped or with alluring sheer inserts;
- New takes on the classic leather jacket – collarless chic in coral shades or biker in unexpectedly soft sorbet shades;
- Blazers with classic proportions yet crafted with soft jersey – a subtle sportswear influence that spells chic comfort, as do the collection’s knitwear separates.
‘The word ‘style’ for me involves independence’, says Olivia. ‘I would give this advice to any girl – dress for yourself and feel confident in what you are wearing’, she adds. Her personal go-to items? ‘I think it’s really important to have a great blazer. You can wear it during the day, you can wear it at night, so it’s definitely multi use, as is a cashmere sweater. A mid-length skirt is a great solution for women in transition from season to season. Add a piece of jewelry, a watch to keep you on time, and you are ready to go!’, she adds.
The MAX&Co. ‘Perfect Wardrobe Issue’ and the MAX&Co. Spring/Summer 2015 collection is available at The MAX&Co Store in Kuwait. For more information, visit the MAX&Co boutique at the 2nd Avenue—The Avenues. Please call 2259 8073 or find their latest updates on Instagram by following Alyasra Fashion @Alyasra.
A digital edition and exclusive content will be available on www.maxandco.com and the brand’s social media channels throughout the season.