Bio: I’m an architect, artist and storyteller. I’ve had a darkroom since the age of 9 and I’m passionate about photography and travel, having crossed Europe, Iran, South Africa Turkey, the Himalayas, the US and the Middle East on my motorcycle and writing travel articles along the way. I’m currently the Senior Vice President and Senior Projects Manager at United Real Estate Company Kuwait, previously performing the role of Design Principal at SSH Design (2009-2013) and Founder of Brainstorm Design Studio (1999-2009).
Instagram handle: @Waleedsha3lan
Other Social Media handles: Snapchat: waleedshaalan
Favorite Social Media Channel: Snapchat
Favorite Filter: No filter!
Favorite food destinations in Kuwait:
• Japanese: Edo, I miss the old shaab location specifically.
• Burgers: Elevation Burger
• Pizzeria: Upper Crust Pizzeria
• Middle Eastern: The Tower of the Pigeons a.k.a. Burj Al Hamam
• Other: One whole juicy Naif chicken after a hard workout at Gold’s Gym
Favorite take-out/delivery: Q at the Yard
Food phone photography tips: Stop photographing your food! Put your phone down and EAT.